Aug 11, 201403:24 PMCrafts & Crumbs
Simple and seasonal creations for everyday life lived well
Beach Craft Roundup
You may be home from summer vacation, but that doesn't mean you can't keep the beach vibes flowing.
Here's a roundup of nautical DIY projects that will keep that summer feeling alive and well:
1. Summer Vacation Mantle Decor : What to do with all those treasures the kids (or, you know, you) brought home from the beach? String up shells, sea stars, beach glass and other memorabilia with twine against a backdrop of weathered beach wood to keep that vacation feeling on your mantle all summer long.
2. Rope Mirror : Are you in that crab shack with the unbelievable hush puppies or in your own bathroom? It will be hard to tell when looking into one of these DIY rope mirrors.
3. Rope Placemats : Have a beach-to-table style dinner with these easy rope placemats.
4 Ombre Anchor Tote : There are likely 87 different tote bags in your possession at this very moment. They are each well-equipped to carry your summer reading stack on vacation... but this tote bag will do so in style. It's a beauty.
5. Rope Vases : Rope vases, on occasion, can have the unfortunate fate of looking like a 3rd grade art project. Not so with these three variations, which will add a classy nautical element to any table setting.
6. Dip-Dyed Rope Bracelets : Keep that nautical feeling close at hand all summer long with these pretty dip-dyed rope bracelets.
7. Nautical Rock Souvenirs : Grab a white sharpie, a stencil or two, and your favorite rocks stashed away from vacation to create fun souvenirs with this easy craft project. If you are really brave, you can even freehand the designs!
8. Branch and Twig Sailboat : Yearning to sail away onto the high seas? Get one step closer with this adorable sailboat constructed of branches, twigs and some fabric.
9. Ahoy Doormat : Set the nautical tone from the moment friends and family cross through your entryway. This would be a great project to do with kids on a long summer afternoon.
10. Life Preserver Wall Hanging : Going to a beach wedding? This life preserver wall hanging makes for a beautiful and meaningful gift to commemorate the occasion while preserving (pun intended) the nautical feel of the day.